2 hrs 30 mins
L DJ's Note:
When my favorite and only local Indian Restaurant increased their prices, reduced the size of the servings and amount of meat, then started charging separately for the rice, I decided to try to make it myself. Not getting it quite right, something was missing. There was a light nutty taste to the restaurant's sauce, Peanut butter! Nope! Then I saw a jar of cashew butter thought ah hah, Nope. The texture wasn't just right, then I had a light bulb moment, ground roasted cashews. SUCCESS! Time to make is only approx.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (skinned and cubed)
- 8 ounces yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -2 serrano pepper, minced (these are HOT)
- 14 ounces tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek leaves
- 3 tablespoons roasted cashews, ground
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1Strain yogurt in muslin cloth 15 minute to drain off whey.
- 2Put chicken in gallon size zip lock bag.
- 3Combine the 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 Tbl. curry powder and 1/4 teaspoons salt, add to chicken in bag and squish around to distribute seasonings, Set aside.
- 4Prepare marinade:.
- 5Mix chili powder, salt, garlic, ginger paste, lemon juice and garam masala, combine with yogurt.
- 6Add to chicken in the bag, squish around to distribute marinade, seal bag and Chill at least 4 hours
- 7Preheat oven to 450'.
- 8Remove chicken from marinade and place on baking pan, discard marinade.
- 9Bake 10-15 minute, turning occasionally, til cooked thoroughly.
- 10Makhani sauce:.
- 11Heat butter on med. in large non stick skillet, add garam masala, wait till it crackles. Add ginger paste, garlic and minced serrano pepper. Cook 2 minute, add tomato puree, chili powder, coriander, salt, and water bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer 10 minute Add honey, fenugreek leaves and ground cashews, cook 5 minute.
- 12Add chicken and cream. Simmer til heated through. Serve over jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Chicken (My Way-Hot!)
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.8
- Calories from Fat 608
- Total Fat 67.6 g
- Saturated Fat 38.2 g
- Cholesterol 228.9 mg
- Sodium 903.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 27.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: