Top Tweak by Mini Ravindran
One can substitute cashews with walnuts and almonds and it still tastes just as nice...one however cuts back on cholestrol content that comes alongwith cashew paste. Smiles mini
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1 tablespoon tandoori masala
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garam masala (cloves, cinnamon and cardamom powdered)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera)
- 5 tablespoons yoghurt
- 2 tomatoes, pureed in a blender
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 15 cashew nuts paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the chicken in the marinade for 1 whole hour.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and fry the chicken for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil fry the chopped onions till golden, then add the ginger-garlic paste and fry sprinkling little water now and then till oil separates.
- Add the cashew paste, chilli pd, tomato paste and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the butter and the cream and the chicken.
- Mix well and cook till done.
- Garnish with cilantro.