Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs 15 mins
- 907.18 g chicken, skinned (or 1.5 lbs boneless chicken)
- 236.59 ml plain yogurt
- 1 inch ginger
- 8 clove garlic
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 4 inch cinnamon sticks
- 8 cloves
- 8 cardamoms
- 10 black peppercorns
- 14.79 ml oil
- 1020.58 g tomatoes
- 4.92 ml dried fenugreek leaves (optional)
- 14.79 ml white pepper (essential)
- 28.34 g cream (optional but recommended)
- 226.79 g butter
- fresh coriander (for garnishing)
- Make a smooth paste of yogurt, garlic, ginger, lime juice, cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms, peppercorns and the oil.
- Marinate the chicken in this for 6 hours, in a fridge.
- Bake the chicken in a preheated oven for 15 minutes at 250 F (130 C).
- Put it aside.
- Cut tomatoes, put them in a pan (no water) and boil.
- When the quantity has dropped by half, strain through a fine sieve.
- What comes out of the sieve is the tomato sauce.
- Take a pan, start heating the sauce, add the butter.
- When the butter is melted, add the white pepper, salt, fenugreek leaves and cream.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the chicken pieces into this sauce.
- Cover and cook on a low flame until the chicken is done.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with rice.
im 14 and i still couldnt tell the difference from the restraunt b.c.
This is an excellent flavor loaded recipe for butter chicken. Instead of fresh tomatoes I used a14 oz can of stewed tomatoes that I put through the blender - I cut the recipe in half and cut the butter back a bit more than half. The fenugreek adds a special flavor - don't miss it. I didn't have the coriander for the garnish!. Dinner was enjoyed thanks Troy!