A lovely combination of spices and the chicken is beautifully tender and moist. This was a recipe from a supermaket promotion, which I have slightly adapted to my own tastes. Very rich, so we do not have it too often! Served over rice and with a fresh salad to counteract the richness. A few have commented that they were not so fond of the cinnamon in this dish, and so another spice combination that is good is to leave out the cinnamon and ginger and replace with 1 teaspoon each of nutmeg and cumin.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter.
- Slice chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
- Combine spices and salt and toss chicken pieces until well coated.
- Saute the chicken each side until golden brown.
- Stir in the cream and tomato paste.
- Cover pan and simmer for about 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with garam masala.