Recipe by Donna Skrypetz
Best Butter Chicken
Top Review by rpgaymer
I've been looking for a recipe for butter chicken that wasn't a complete calorie bomb, so I'm so glad you posted this. It was really good, and filled with traditional Indian flavors. I left out the cream and used milk instead, and it turned out great.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 1 tablespoon crushed gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons crushed hot pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (ground)
- whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Place half of butter in a 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) glass baking dish. Place in oven for about 3 min or until melted. Swirl to coat dish; set aside.
- In large deep pot, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Cook half of tandoori paste, the ginger, hot pepper, cumin and paprika, stirring, for about 2 min or until fragrant . Add tomatoes; bring to boil. Stir in whipping cream; return to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring often, for 10 min or until sauce is thickened.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, combine chicken, yogurt and remaining tandoori paste; toss to combine. Spread in single layer in prepared baking dish. Bake in oven for 10 minute Pour tomato sauce over chicken; bake for about 10 min longer or until sauce is bubbling and chicken is no longer pink inside. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and lime juice.