Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Deliciously tender chicken breasts, dipped in egg and cracker crumbs, and then baked with butter. It's naughty, but very, very nice.
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces of buttery round crackers, crushed (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 ounces butter, cut into bits (1/2 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 190*C/375*F/Gas mark5.
- Place the eggs into a shallow bowl.
- Place the crackercrumbs into another shallow bowl and mix together with the garlic powder and the pepper.
- Dip the chicken breasts, first into the egg and then roll them in the cracker crumb mixture, coating them well.
- Place them in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Drop the pieces of butter all around the pieces of the chicken.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink inside, the juices run clear and the crumbs are nicely browned.
Very moist! Yummy, atlhough there wasn't a lot of garlic flavor even though I doubled the amount called for. Very easy and fast dinner, thanks! Made for PAC Spring '11.