Recipe by Danibelle
Deliciously tender chicken breasts, dipped in egg and cracker crumbs, and then baked with butter. It's naughty, but very, very nice.
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces of buttery round crackers, crushed (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 ounces butter, cut into bits (1/2 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 190*C/375*F/Gas mark5.
- Place the eggs into a shallow bowl.
- Place the crackercrumbs into another shallow bowl and mix together with the garlic powder and the pepper.
- Dip the chicken breasts, first into the egg and then roll them in the cracker crumb mixture, coating them well.
- Place them in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Drop the pieces of butter all around the pieces of the chicken.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink inside, the juices run clear and the crumbs are nicely browned.