Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was featured in an email this morning from the www.sparkrecipes.com website. Submitted by PSDAHRI
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter, salted
- 1 cup onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, ground
- 3⁄4 tablespoon turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, ground
- 1 cup canned tomato with juice, wedges in tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim and cut the chicken into small cubes, cover and set aside.
- Slice the onions into thin wedges.
- Heat a large saucepan or frying pan and melt 2 to 3 tablespoons of butter until it is frothy.
- Add onions and cinnamon to the pan and fry lightly.
- When the onions are soft, stir in crushed garlic and ginger. Then add turmeric, chili powder and coriander, and saute over medium heat. The spices are fried first to release their maximum flavor and this really enhances the dish.
- Add cubed chicken and saute stirring constantly until the chicken has turned white.
- Add ground almonds, tomatoes and tomato paste. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add the yogurt and heat through.