Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this on the Food Network Canada web site.
- 1 cup yogurt (balkan style)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 cup cashews (ground to a paste)
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds (whole)
- 1 chile (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (35%)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped roughly
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, cayenne, garam masala, turmeric, garlic, ginger and salt (to taste) in a medium bowl.
- In a re-sealable bag, add chicken and cover with yogurt marinade. Seal bag and toss to coat chicken. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill or oven to 400 degrees (200 Celsius). Cook until juices run clear, about 20-25 minutes. Finish with a generous squeeze of fresh lime juice. Set aside.
- In a high-sided sauté pan, heat butter or ghee over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add garlic, cumin seeds and minced chili and cook until fragrant. Add tomato purée and cashew paste. Season with salt, stir and lower heat to a simmer. Add cream and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Chop grilled chicken into bite-sized chunks and add to sauce. Stir to coat chicken with sauce and simmer on low for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is fully warmed. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.