Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this off the internet a few years ago. It is now my youngest son(a chef in Melbourne)'s requested dish when he's at home. So I guess to him it's major comfort food!
- 44.37 ml butter
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 9.85 ml crushed fresh ginger
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 4.92 ml ground red chili pepper
- 14.79 ml coriander powder
- 500 g diced chicken (, breast or thigh fillet)
- 59.14 ml ground almonds
- 225 g canpeeled whole tomatoes (with juice)
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 118.29 ml natural yoghurt
- In a large pan, heat the butter until it is frothy.
- Add the onions and the cinnamon to the pan and fry lightly.
- When the onions are soft, stir in the garlic and ginger, then add the turmeric, chilli and coriander, and saute over a medium heat.
- Add the chicken and saute stirring constantly until the chicken meat turns white.
- Add the ground almonds, tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Mix thoroughly, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the yoghurt and heat through gently before serving.
We loved this chicken. The flavors all together were beautiful, but not too rich. I liked the yogurt instead of sour cream. It was very easy to put together, and it made a lovely meal. I will be using this one again.
DH and I both enjoyed this very much. I used thighs and legs, removed the skin and bone and let the chicken simmer in the sauce for 45 minutes. The chicken was tender, and the sauce was superb. I served this with oven roasted potatoes. Will definitly keep this one habdy! Thanks a bunch Jan!
This was such a nice dish to make and easy too I,ll be making this again.It had a creamy taste with out being too rich.I served it with some basmatic rice flavoured with Mint and lemon and a salad of baby tomatoes and pineapple.