1/7 Photos of Butter Chicken
I got this off the internet a few years ago. It is now my youngest son(a chef in Melbourne)'s requested dish when he's at home. So I guess to him it's major comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons crushed fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 500 g diced chicken (, breast or thigh fillet)
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 (225 g) can peeled whole tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1In a large pan, heat the butter until it is frothy.
- 2Add the onions and the cinnamon to the pan and fry lightly.
- 3When the onions are soft, stir in the garlic and ginger, then add the turmeric, chilli and coriander, and saute over a medium heat.
- 4Add the chicken and saute stirring constantly until the chicken meat turns white.
- 5Add the ground almonds, tomatoes and tomato paste.
- 6Mix thoroughly, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- 7Add the yoghurt and heat through gently before serving.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.9
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 120.6 mg
- Sodium 226.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 27.0 g