Recipe by Manami
Your Guide to Busy Cooks, Linda Larsen. They sound so great with salted cashews(yum!)and the combination of both chocolate chips & butterscotch chips and cake mix, to boot. Cool for about 35-40 minutes. Updated; 10/06/06 -- as a reviewer mentioned -- press the nuts into batter so they won't fall off after they are baked.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted cashew pieces
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Beat on low speed for 1 minute, then scrape sides of bowl and beat for another minute.
- Spray a 9x13" baking pan with non-stick spray and flour.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with cashews, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the bars are set and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack; then cut into bars.