Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Melt in your mouth, delicious caramels!!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, ex
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Bring cream to a boil in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in sugar and honey, keep stirring until mixture returns to boiling.
- Let boil slowly until syrup reaches 257 degrees F on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, butter and salt.
- Pour into greased 8-inch square pan and let cool several hours.
- Cut into squares with a buttered knife and wrap in foil.
5 stars because my husband and kids loved these caramels. My husband said it was just about the best caramel he's ever had, and I couldn't cut them into squares fast enough for my son to eat! I think these should be named "Honey Caramels" because the honey flavor really stands out. This was so easy to make. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for this recipe. My boss has a birthday on Wednesday and he LOVES carmel. I am going to make these for him. I printed off a few recipes from www.foodnetwork.com and they seem hard compared to yours. I will let you know how they turn out and give it some stars.