Recipe by MrsNestleroad
Melt in your mouth, delicious caramels!!
Top Review by Mary Close
5 stars because my husband and kids loved these caramels. My husband said it was just about the best caramel he's ever had, and I couldn't cut them into squares fast enough for my son to eat! I think these should be named "Honey Caramels" because the honey flavor really stands out. This was so easy to make. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, ex
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring cream to a boil in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in sugar and honey, keep stirring until mixture returns to boiling.
- Let boil slowly until syrup reaches 257 degrees F on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, butter and salt.
- Pour into greased 8-inch square pan and let cool several hours.
- Cut into squares with a buttered knife and wrap in foil.