Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
My mom used to make this for my brothers' birthday cake every year. I don't know where she got the recipe, she just bought the ingredients and made the cake. I make it for my husbands' birthday now. There are so many ways to tweak this, such as adding coconut or well drained chopped mandarin oranges, but this is our favorite.
- 517.37 g packagegolden butter recipe cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 118.29 ml butter (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 314.66 ml water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 473.19 ml heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 566.99 g crushed pineapple, well drained
- 29.58-44.37 ml confectioners' sugar
- Let pineapple drain about 2 hours before baking.
- According to the cake mix, have 1 stick of butter and 3 large eggs at room temperature.
- Place a medium bowl and the beaters of an electric blender in the freezer.
- Bake cake in any size pan you wish.
- When cake is done, and cooled, add whipping cream and powdered sugar (more or less according to your taste) to the bowl that was in the freezer.
- Use the cold beaters to whip the cream until set. (about 4 minutes?)
- Blend in pineapple.
- Cream should be thick enough to stay on the blenders when you lift them out.
- Frost cake.
Loved the pineapple frosting... light, creamy, not too sweet, and loads of pineapple flavor. I used fresh pineapple that I pureed in the blender. The frosting was absolutely awesome. Thanks for sharing:-)