1 hr 30 mins
Mary Close's Note:
My mom used to make this for my brothers' birthday cake every year. I don't know where she got the recipe, she just bought the ingredients and made the cake. I make it for my husbands' birthday now. There are so many ways to tweak this, such as adding coconut or well drained chopped mandarin oranges, but this is our favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package golden butter recipe cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/2 cup butter (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 -3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1Let pineapple drain about 2 hours before baking.
- 2According to the cake mix, have 1 stick of butter and 3 large eggs at room temperature.
- 3Place a medium bowl and the beaters of an electric blender in the freezer.
- 4Bake cake in any size pan you wish.
- 5When cake is done, and cooled, add whipping cream and powdered sugar (more or less according to your taste) to the bowl that was in the freezer.
- 6Use the cold beaters to whip the cream until set. (about 4 minutes?)
- 7Blend in pineapple.
- 8Cream should be thick enough to stay on the blenders when you lift them out.
- 9Frost cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Cake With Pineapple Whipped Cream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.6
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 385.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 4.5 g