Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A no fuss desert. Save time by making it a day ahead. Delicious toped with lavender whipped cream. From BHG.
- 1 cup butter
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded orange peel
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside.
- Let butter, eggs and cream stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place butter in a large mixing bowl; beat on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until well combined (this will take about 10 minutes). Beat 2 minutes more.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating about 1 minute after each addition. Alternately add flour and cream, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Beat in vanilla, orange peel and orange extract.
- Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.