Recipe by Horrendezvous - Nur
This is the first cake that I had learned to make when i was a kid and I still love it. It's great for snacking on, I usually cut them into small rectangular pieces to serve to guests.
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 210 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 200 g self-rising flour, sifted with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 170C and grease/flour a 9-inch cake pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one by one and beat well after each addition until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Fold in the sifted flour and salt bit by bit, keep beating mixture.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Place into cake pan, making sure that the mixture is leveled, leaving a shallow well in the middle to ensure that the cake rises evenly.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.