Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (canola oil)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 6 large egg yolks, only
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and line two 8 inch cake pans.
- Beat butter and oil, combining well.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks two at a time, beating after each addition well.
- Add dry ingredients and cream alternating, and ending with flour.
- Bake in preheated oven 350 degrees, for 30 minutes, until tester comes aways clean.