Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
I recently bought a new Wilton 9x13 baking pan and this recipe was on the back of the cardboard insert. This is DH's favorite type of cake. It has a crispy/crunchy crust on the outside and almost a pound cake type texture on the inside. If you want to reduce the crispiness I would suggest lowering the temperature by 25 degrees and using the Wilton Bake Strips around the edge of your pan. We like it without frosting, but you can use whatever type of frosting you like.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x13 baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts and salt and baking powder.
- Add flour alternately with milk to butter mixture and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 2 minutes then remove and cool on rack.