Recipe by Steph_40135
My mom has made this forever, it seems. She used to make them with maraschino cherries (that I always picked off). Now she makes them with Smarties (candy-coated chocolate pieces) for my kids. I believe the recipe was from a Mennonite Cookbook.
- 236.59 ml butter
- 236.59 ml brown sugar (soft cookies) or 236.59 ml white sugar (crisper)
- 591.47 ml sifted flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- cherries or smarties candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients (except cherries or smarties).
- If using brown sugar, press with fork.
- If using white sugar, roll into ball and place 1/2 cherry on each cookie.
- Bake at 350F for about 10 minutes or until bottoms are golden.
- Can easily be frozen.
- (I have never counted how many cookies this makes; Next time I make them, I will come back and correct the servings.).