Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mom has made this forever, it seems. She used to make them with maraschino cherries (that I always picked off). Now she makes them with Smarties (candy-coated chocolate pieces) for my kids. I believe the recipe was from a Mennonite Cookbook.
- Mix all ingredients (except cherries or smarties).
- If using brown sugar, press with fork.
- If using white sugar, roll into ball and place 1/2 cherry on each cookie.
- Bake at 350F for about 10 minutes or until bottoms are golden.
- Can easily be frozen.
- (I have never counted how many cookies this makes; Next time I make them, I will come back and correct the servings.).