Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from Best of Scandinavian Cooking. Posted for ZWT6.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork tenderloin, sliced into steaks and pounded thin
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add onions and slowly saute, stirring, for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly crisp.
- Season with a pinch of salt, pepper and marjoram.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Season both sides of meat with a little salt, pepper and marjoram.
- Coat meat with flour.
- Place meat in pan and cook until browned, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Top with browned onions.
Although this recipe seemed so simple it came out SOOO delicious! I didn't have any marjoram but I had a spice mix with thyme, marjoram, oregano and some garlic. It worked perfectly. Best pork I've ever made. Wonderful!
This is a super yummy recipe. I love using marjoram with pork so I knew this would be to my liking!! I followed the instructions as listed and serve with wild rice. Will make this again, thanks for sharing your 5 star recipe :D
Made for KcK's The Scandinavian Kitchen Tag Game.
Excellent supper Marjoram was not a spice that I was too familiar with but it worked beautifully. Made for ZWT6 for the Xtra Hot Dishes