Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have made this quite often for a dessert. To save time you can bake the oatmeal/butter mixture, and then crumble hours in advance, just make certain to crumble the mixture while it is still hot. I have even sprinkled packaged toffee baking bits on top...yummmmmm! Prep time includes chilling time.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted (no subs please!)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups caramel sauce (or to taste)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened enough to spread, but not melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, melted butter and chopped pecans.
- Pat down thin on a large cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- WHILE HOT, crumble and spread half of the baked mixture on a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Drizzle about 1 cup of caramel sauce over crumbs.
- Spread the softened ice cream over the top.
- Then sprinkle the remaining crumbs over the ice cream.
- Drizzle the remaining caramel sauce over the top.
- Freeze until very firm (about 5 hours).