Recipe by Queen of Everything
My husband's favorite flavor. Cooking time includes chilling and freezing time.
Top Review by challena
Butter Brickle ice cream is my favorite flavor.....why ice cream companies do not continue to make it is beyond me. This recipe is good....not the exact ice cream of my childhood but close. I remember it being more buttery and less brown sugar tasting...I may play with the ratio's in the future. I could not find Bits-O-Brittle so I put a bunch of Werthers Candy in a plastic bag and broke them up with a rolling pin. It worked!! Will make again!
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter flavor extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup toffee pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sacepan, combine half & half, brown sugar, and butter.
- Stir constantly over low heat.
- When mixture becomes bubbly around the edges of the pan, remove from heat.
- Chill this mixture along with the bowl of your ice cream freezer.
- Before freezing, add whipping cream and both extracts, mix well.
- Freeze according to your ice cream maker directions.
- Add toffee bits after freezing process.