My husband's favorite flavor. Cooking time includes chilling and freezing time.
Make and share this Butter Brickle Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium sacepan, combine half & half, brown sugar, and butter.
- Stir constantly over low heat.
- When mixture becomes bubbly around the edges of the pan, remove from heat.
- Chill this mixture along with the bowl of your ice cream freezer.
- Before freezing, add whipping cream and both extracts, mix well.
- Freeze according to your ice cream maker directions.
- Add toffee bits after freezing process.
Butter Brickle ice cream is my favorite flavor.....why ice cream companies do not continue to make it is beyond me. This recipe is good....not the exact ice cream of my childhood but close. I remember it being more buttery and less brown sugar tasting...I may play with the ratio's in the future. I could not find Bits-O-Brittle so I put a bunch of Werthers Candy in a plastic bag and broke them up with a rolling pin. It worked!! Will make again!
Made for my daughter, her favorite. Easy, wonderful. Will make again and again.
Butter Brickle is my husband's favorite ice cream. He was heart broken when it was taken off the market. We had an ice cream social at church last night and I wanted something unusual from all of the other recipes. I found this recipe and it recieved rave reviews from all. The only complaint was there was ONLY one gallon. My husband swears it is the best homemade ice cream he has ever tasted. Thanks again for a wonderful recipe and my new "standard" for ice cream socials.