Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 18 mins
This toffee cookie is more of a crunchy shortbread filled with tiny bits of almond brickle flavor.
Make and share this Butter Brickle Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package butter brickle, baking pieces
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup sugar, powdered sugar, margarine and oil until blended. Add extract and eggs, blending well.
- Add flours, soda, cream of tartar and salt and mix well. Stir in almonds and brickle. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape tbsps. of dough into balls. Roll balls I granulated sugar. Place 4-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- With fork dipped in sugar, flatten each in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 18 minutes or until light and golden brown around edges.
- Cool one minute and remove from baking sheets. Cool completely on wire racks.