This toffee cookie is more of a crunchy shortbread filled with tiny bits of almond brickle flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package butter brickle, baking pieces
- 1In a large bowl, beat 1 cup sugar, powdered sugar, margarine and oil until blended. Add extract and eggs, blending well.
- 2Add flours, soda, cream of tartar and salt and mix well. Stir in almonds and brickle. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Shape tbsps. of dough into balls. Roll balls I granulated sugar. Place 4-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4With fork dipped in sugar, flatten each in a crisscross pattern.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 18 minutes or until light and golden brown around edges.
- 6Cool one minute and remove from baking sheets. Cool completely on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Brickle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1716 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2150.9
- Calories from Fat 1264
- Total Fat 140.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 1701.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 199.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 83.4 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: