Prep 45 mins
Cook 55 mins
A Taste of Home recipe that I plan to make for Christmas gifts this year.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package English toffee bits or 1 (8 ounce) package almond brickle chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits.
- Divide dough in half. On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into a 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices.
- Place slices cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 20-24 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Added Craisins, for a Christmas party, but this a an easy and delicious recipe. Had to bake a bit longer, may be due to altitude, but only at 2900 ft.