Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A rich spinach dish, a little goes a long way.
- Wash spinach well. With water clinging to leaves place in pot and cook, covered, on medium heat, for 5 to 7 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Drain well, rinse with cold water and squeeze out any moisture.
- Heat butter in skillet on medium heat until sizzling. Add spinach and sauté gently until spinach absorbs butter.
- Add cream and bring to boil. Cook until cream is reduced and spinach is a thick mass.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
Leslie! This was sooooooooooooooooooo good! My Hubbie, never likes anything, but this, he took seconds! Can't wait to make again! We both devoured it! My only problem was since I was cooking for just two, I just threw in 2 handful's of Spinach and guessed at the butter and cream. Way to small of an amount! I forgot how spinach shrinks down. Thank you again, beautiful recipe!
This was a nice way to prepare spinach, and I did not find it too rich (maybe because the cream cooks down). Thanks for sharing this simple yet tasty recipe. Made for ZWT6 by a RedHot Renegade.
This was very nice, quite rich though. I added a bit too much salt although it ended up being OK. It fitted in well with the meal of roast corned beef. I might try with the yoghurt as Peter suggests.