Recipe by Terri F.
Comfort food in cookie form! Make 'em with love.
Top Review by KristineB
These shortbread cookies are awesome! I didn't have enough butter so I used 1/2 c butter and 1/2 c margarine, I think they turned out fine. I'm not a huge chocolate person, I think next time I will use dried cherries in place of the M&M's, and maybe almond extract instead of vanilla. This recipe is a definite keeper, thanks for posting it!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Cream together brown sugar, sugar,and butter with mixer.
- Add vegetable oil, egg, milk, and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix together flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar.
- Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture.
- Gently fold in M&M's.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10- 12 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes before moving to cooling rack.