Recipe by GingerlyJ
I use this recipe as a side dish but I know some people who like it as a main with some cornbread
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen butter beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon milk 12 links breakfast sausage
- 1 medium vidalia onion, diced
- 2 green apples, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- heat water to boiling in a saucepan an add butter beans. cover and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- fry sausage links until just brown. remove from skillet and cut into bite sized chunks.
- remove from skillet while leaving drippings in pan.
- add onion over low heat , stir apples in and add brown sugar over top.
- turn up heat to medium and let sugar thicken.
- when sugar gets syrupy, remove from heat.
- when beans are cooked, drain and add butter, milk, salt, and mustard and mix well.
- turn into a buttered baking dish and lay sausage over top the spread apples, onion mixture over top.
- bake at 350 for 30 minutes.