Norahs Girl's Note:
This is always a hit with my family. I serve it with fluffy rice and a simple green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces back bacon, chopped (omit for veggies)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Heat the oil and sauté the bacon until crisp.
- 2Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3In the same pan, heat the butter and sauté the onions and the paprika until the onions are soft.
- 4Add the mushrooms and sauté until soft.
- 5Remove from the heat and stir in the flour.
- 6Return to the heat and slowly stir in the milk.
- 7Add the sour cream, bacon, butter beans, tomato paste and seasoning to taste.
- 8Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle parsley on top just before serving.
- 10Serve on rice or tagliatelle.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Beans and Bacon Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.8
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 80.8 mg
- Sodium 739.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: