Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is always a hit with my family. I serve it with fluffy rice and a simple green salad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces back bacon, chopped (omit for veggies)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the oil and sauté the bacon until crisp.
- Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the butter and sauté the onions and the paprika until the onions are soft.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the flour.
- Return to the heat and slowly stir in the milk.
- Add the sour cream, bacon, butter beans, tomato paste and seasoning to taste.
- Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley on top just before serving.
- Serve on rice or tagliatelle.
Wonderful! I replaced the bacon with a vegetarian sub and followed the rest as is. Very easy and very, very tasty. We had it with orichiette pasta and I had the leftoveres on granary toast the next day yum! It's been safley stored in my cookbook!