Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from a Barefoot Contessa recipe out of what I had in the pantry and felt like using. It originally called for cannellini but I think any kind of white bean will work. I used butter beans and it came out awesome! I think I'll try this again livened up with a little tomato paste.
- 1 quart vegetable stock (or broth, water if lacking either)
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove (or 1/8-1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (black works fine too)
- 1 large rosemary sprig
- 1 bay leaf
- Rinse and drain the beans well.
- Put all the ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce and let simmer, loosely covered, for about 30 minutes or until the beans and onions have softened.
- Remove the rosemary sprig and bay leaf after cooking. Puree to your liking in a blender or food processor, then garnish with some fresh parsley.