Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taste of Home
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute celery, carrots, and onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add in the broth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minute or until soup is heated through.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
Delicious and simple! I added dried "sweet" basil and I think that gave it an extra little kick. Also, i soaked and skinned my own butter beans but I am sure it would be just as yummy with canned.