Recipe by Cat Berner
This is a recipe I created quite a while back when I just started throwing things in the pot that I thought would go well together, and happily, they did! This is certainly a flexible recipe and doesn't have to be followed exactly to still end up with a yummy soup.
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, saute carrots, onion, and celery in a little oil until softened.
- Sprinkle the flour over top, and stir for a minute or so.
- Slowly pour in the chicken broth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until the veggies are tender.