Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From just 4 ingredients
- 900 ml chicken stock or 900 ml vegetable stock
- 2 (400 g) cans butter beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste or 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomato puree
- 5 tablespoons pesto sauce
- Put stock in a pan with butter beans and bring to the boil, reduce heat; stir in tomato puree and pesto. Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Transfer 6 ladles to a blender or food processor and process until smooth, then return to pan.
- Heat gently, stirring frequently for 5 minutes, then season to taste before serving.
I used sun dried tomatoes in olive oil with italian herbs because that is what I had on hand. This is a decent italian soup. I will make it again because it is super easy and fast.
The sauce to the soup was delicious but the beans killed it. On pasta it would have been fantastic. Beans and pesto just don't mix.
Fantastic flavor. I used the frozen butter beans from last summer's garden! Only pureed about 1 cup, so the soup is more liquid, but we like it that way. Made for everyday's a holiday tag. Thanks Mandy.