Recipe by Tish
This soup is quick and easy. Use canned butter (lima) beans and a good quality vegetable stock or chicken stock. You can use home made or store bought pesto.
- 3 3⁄4 cups chicken stock or 3 3⁄4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 (14 ounce) cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomato puree (paste)
- 5 tablespoons pesto sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Put stock in a pan with the butter beans and bring just to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the tomato puree and pesto.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Transfer six ladlefuls of the soup to a blender or food processor, scooping up plenty of the beans.
- Process until smooth, then return the puree to the pan.
- Heat gently, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, then season if necessary.
- Ladel into warmed soup bowls and serve with a warm crusty bread or bread sticks.