Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is from Glory Brand Butter Beans and I made it for a dinner party we attended this weekend. It was a huge hit with no leftovers, sigh. I did not use the cilantro leaves or the cumin or all of the cayenne pepper, because some of our friends are flavor woozes, but i will post it exactly like Glory posted it. Enjoy it is good!! Cook time is chill time.
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup red onion, finely diced
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cilantro leaf, minced
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans butter beans, drained and rinised
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
I love this basic recipe. My family is stuck in a rut and loves certain items which I added for them. I added 1 med. green pepper chopped, 1 sm. can of sliced black olives, 1 can of garbanzo beans drained, and baby cut corn drained in place of the whole kernel. I also cut back on the pepper (I went with 1 tsp. black pepper and I used 1/4 c of the cilantro. Other than that, I made it accordingto the recipe. It is very good and I am glad that you posted it. It is a very easy recipe to adapt to family likes and dislikes.