Recipe by ChefDLH
This is a recipe from a Taste of Home cookbook magazine Dec. 2009. It is a super recipe that is perfect for a party. It looks elegant and sophisticated yet tastes simply divine.This recipe makes a lot so plan accordingly. Serve to your guests and get "ooohs and aaahs." They will guess hummus but be surprised by this unique flavor. Enjoy ChefDLH
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 (16 ounce) cans butter beans
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 40 slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush bread slices with olive oil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly golden 7 to 10 minutes.
- In a work bowl of a food processor combine 1 can butter beans undrained , 1 can butter beans drained and garlic and pulse until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine artichoke hears,lemon juice and 1/4 cup parsley.
- Add bean mixture to bowl, stirring well.
- Spoon onto toasted bread slices.
- Top with lemon zest and additional parsley.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil.