1/1 Photo of Butter-Bean Puree Appetizer
This is a recipe from a Taste of Home cookbook magazine Dec. 2009. It is a super recipe that is perfect for a party. It looks elegant and sophisticated yet tastes simply divine.This recipe makes a lot so plan accordingly. Serve to your guests and get "ooohs and aaahs." They will guess hummus but be surprised by this unique flavor. Enjoy ChefDLH
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 (16 ounce) cans butter beans
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 40 slices
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Brush bread slices with olive oil and place on baking sheet.
- 3Bake until lightly golden 7 to 10 minutes.
- 4In a work bowl of a food processor combine 1 can butter beans undrained , 1 can butter beans drained and garlic and pulse until smooth.
- 5In a large bowl combine artichoke hears,lemon juice and 1/4 cup parsley.
- 6Add bean mixture to bowl, stirring well.
- 7Spoon onto toasted bread slices.
- 8Top with lemon zest and additional parsley.
- 9Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter-Bean Puree Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.7
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 159.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.2 g