Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very easy and simple starter, ideal for any time and on anything
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 400 g butter beans, drained
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus
- parsley sprig (to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a pan, then gently cook the shallot and garlic for 5 mins until softened; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the butter beans, then mash together until roughly puréed.
- Stir in the soured cream, parsley and seasoning.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with parsley.