Recipe by Shazzie
Do something different with butterbeans! Serve with yoghurt infused with fresh mint. Can be served hot or cold.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans butter beans, drained and mashed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients, except the tomatoes, together.
- Spoon half the mixture into a greased loaf tin, arrange tomato slices on top, and spoon remaining mixture on top of that.
- Bake at 350 F for 50-60 minutes.
- (Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before turning out.).