1/1 Photo of Butter Bean Hummus
2 hrs 15 mins
Chef Dudo's Note:
Like Zaar needs another hummus recipe.......But-this is different cause it's made from butterbeans (Lima beans) instead of the usual chickpeas. Found the recipe on the net a while back and have made it many times since then. Thought I'd share it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the beans overnight in plenty of water.
- 2Drain and discard the soaking water.
- 3Put the beans in a pot and cover with cold fresh water.
- 4Bring to a boil and then simmer, partially covered, until they are very tender but not mushy.
- 5Remove from heat and drain, reserving the cooking liquid.
- 6Put the beans in a food processor fitted with a steal blade.
- 7Add garlic, tahini, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- 8Puree this mixture, and with the motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil and lemon juice.
- 9If the puree is too thick, pour in a little of the reserved cooking liquid until the puree is silky smooth, I use up about one cup of the cooking liquid.
- 10Taste for seasoning and add more salt and cayenne if desired.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Bean Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (837 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1312.7
- Calories from Fat 773
- Total Fat 85.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1212.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.5 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 37.6 g