Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Something I knocked up tonight with whatever I found in the cupboard. Makes 2 generous servings.
Make and share this Butter Bean and Spring Veggie Saute With Polenta recipe from Food.com.
- 100 g dry polenta
- 3 cups stock
- 150 g asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 150 g leeks, sliced finely
- 180 g chopped tomatoes (2 small romas)
- 100 g button mushrooms, quartered
- 100 g canned butter beans
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped parsley
- Mix polenta with stock, cook, stirring continuously, for 20 minutes. Take off heat to cool slightly.
- Put asparagus and sliced leek in a frypan with a little stock. Steam for a few minutes, until leek is softened.
- Add remaining vegetables and beans, stir together to combine.
- Add lemon juice and red wine vinegar, stir.
- Season to taste.
- Just before serving, stir through balsamic and parsley.
- Serve polenta topped with veggie bean mix.