Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my very favourites. Great hot on granary toast or a jacket potato. Really warming on a cold night and an ideal alternative for those on a low Gi diet. From the food doctor Ian Marber.
- 400 g butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place the beans in a heavy pan and add the stock.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain and reserve the stock.
- Mash the beans with the mustard and oil.
- Stir in the parsley.
- If the mash is too thick thin with some of the stock or more olive oil.