1 hr 15 mins
Tea Jenny's Note:
This is a nice filling healthy soup, you can use any dried beans you like but butter beans are our favourite. If you don't want to use stock cubes you can just use water I have made it with water and it's ok not quite as flavoursome but still tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pick over beans wash and soak overnight.
- 2Chop onion and dice the carrot.
- 3Melt the butter and oil together and saute the onion until transparent.
- 4Drain the beans and add to the pot with the measured water and all the remaining ingredients except the parsley.
- 5simmer for about an hour until beans are soft and adjust the seasoning.
- 6sprinkle with parsley and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Bean and Leek Soup (Lima Beans)
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.7
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 89.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock cubes