Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great refuel food. Serve with some roasted cherry tomatoes or a tomato and onion salad.
- 450 g floury potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 410 g butter beans, drained
- 100 g vegetarian cheddar cheese, cubed
- Cook the potatoes in their skins in boiling water for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic and thyme for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter beans and roughly mash.
- Drain the potatoes and cool in cold water if needed. Peel off the skins and dice.
- Add the cheese and potato to the onions and press down in the pan. Cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- turn the cake out onto a large plate and slide back into the pan so the base is now the top.
- cook for a further 10 minutes, cut into wedges and serve.