Recipe by English_Rose
Here's an exciting alternative to mashed potatoes that uses everyone's favourite creamy butter beans to deliciously comforting effect.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons arugula leaves, chopped
- snipped chives, to garnish
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the shallots and garlic and fry, stirring often, until tender. Add the broth and half the butter beans and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture is thick and the beans have started to break down to a paste, beat in the remaining butter beans and the arugula and allow them to heat through for 2-3 minutes. Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve garnished with snipped chives and freshly milled black pepper.