Recipe by mandagirl
This cookie recipe uses no baking powder or soda, so the cookies come out crisp and buttery. It's one of my family's favorite cookie bars.
Top Review by DSK
Yummy! My whole family gobbled these cookies up. I didn't have any chocolate chips but with the pecans on it, we didn't miss the chips at all. I'll definitely make this again but will bake them for less time.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon real almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix softened butter and sugar.
- Mix in egg yolk, extracts and flour.
- Spread and press dough in a 15x10x1" jelly-roll pan.
- Brush top of dough with unbeaten egg white.
- Sprinkle top with nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated 320°F oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan, then cut into bars.