Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe that I found in some old newspaper clippings. This is not a bad sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Melt butter in a pan. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; simmer about 5 minutes.
Great sauce that I made with pulled pork and pulled chicken<br/>So so much better than store bought. <br/>Will marinate chicken next!
Great BBQ sauce and so easy to prepare. I cut the recipe in half and used it on a meatloaf recipe that called for a BBQ sauce glaze. I'm going to use this on a pork roast that I plan on putting in the smoker this week-end. Thanks, made for FOOTBALL POOL 2011 - Week 4.
This sauce is great. The only problem I had was the butter kept separating, but I just kept shaking it up before applying. Used it on pork ribs, and it was excellent! Sorry for the squatty picture...zaar did something to it :)