Recipe by * Pamela *
Adapted from "Company's Coming: Make Ahead Meals" by J. Pare. Prep time includes time for rice to soak.
Top Review by ~Leslie~
Oh boy, was this delicious! I made it and froze it for a little over a week and it thawed and cooked just great. It stayed moist and flavourful and we all enjoyed it. One change I made was to use brown rice, and I added a 2 1/2 cups of stock as I find brown rice requires a little more liquid for cooking. Thanks for a great addition to my OAMC cookbook!
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 3 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure rice and salt in a bowl and pour on boiling water just to cover. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and add rice. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring often until most of the butter is absorbed.
- Transfer to a greased 1L casserole dish.
- Combine garlic powder and chicken stock and pour over rice. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- Add parsley and fluff with a fork.
- Sprinkle with almonds and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Cool completely, label and freeze.
- To serve, thaw overnight and reheat.
- Garnish with additional parsley if desired.
- To save time, double or triple recipe and make 2 or 3 meals at once.