1/3 Photos of Butter Baked Rice (Oamc)
1 hr 45 mins
* Pamela *'s Note:
Adapted from "Company's Coming: Make Ahead Meals" by J. Pare. Prep time includes time for rice to soak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure rice and salt in a bowl and pour on boiling water just to cover. Let stand 30 minutes.
- 2Drain and rinse with cold water.
- 3Melt butter in a frying pan and add rice. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring often until most of the butter is absorbed.
- 4Transfer to a greased 1L casserole dish.
- 5Combine garlic powder and chicken stock and pour over rice. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- 6Add parsley and fluff with a fork.
- 7Sprinkle with almonds and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- 8Cool completely, label and freeze.
- 9To serve, thaw overnight and reheat.
- 10Garnish with additional parsley if desired.
- 11To save time, double or triple recipe and make 2 or 3 meals at once.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Baked Rice (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.4
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 891.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g