Recipe by -Mary-
I got this recipe from a fund raising cookbook sold at my son's school probably 20 years ago, and my kids really loved this rice.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups long grain rice
- 1 dash garlic salt
- finely snipped parsley
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water and salt. Bring to boiling and pour over rice. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Rinse rice with cold water. Drain well.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add rice and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is almost absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Turn into 1 1/2 quart casserole. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Pour broth over.
- Bake covered in a 325 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Add parsley, fluff with fork.
- Bake uncovered 10 minutes longer.