1 hr 35 mins
I got this recipe from a fund raising cookbook sold at my son's school probably 20 years ago, and my kids really loved this rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water and salt. Bring to boiling and pour over rice. Let stand 30 minutes.
- 2Rinse rice with cold water. Drain well.
- 3Melt butter in skillet. Add rice and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is almost absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- 4Turn into 1 1/2 quart casserole. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- 5Pour broth over.
- 6Bake covered in a 325 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- 7Add parsley, fluff with fork.
- 8Bake uncovered 10 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Baked Rice
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.0
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 1025.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g