Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
this is a recipe that I came up with. My friend love it.
- 6 large green apples
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- peel, core, and cut apples in half, and place in slow cooker.
- Drizzle with melted butter, and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cover & cook on low for 3 hours, or on high for about 2 hours.
- It can be served with vanilla ice cream.
This wasn't quite what I had expected so perhaps I did something incorrectly but it seems so straight forward so maybe it is just a matter of expectation. This turned out more like an applesauce for me which isn't what I was expecting at all. I had envisioned something more like a baked apple even if this was done in a slow cooker. Also I used a tarter apple and this was a mistake. The recipe didn't call for enough sugar for a tart apple which is fine, just wish I had known that going into it. I did not serve over ice cream as I did not have any but I do imagine that would have helped the situation quite a bit. Thank you for posting and I will be trying again and updating my review.