Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Perfect for Thanksgiving! Apple juice can be used in place of the wine.
- 5 lbs whole turkey breast, thawed if frozen
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Heat oven to 325º.
- Place turkey, skin side up, in a shallow roasting pan and insert ovenproof thermometer in the thickest part of the turkey making sure it does not touch the bone.
- Roast 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- While turkey is roasting, mix butter, wine, thyme, salt, paprika, and garlic. After turkey has roasted 1 hour, brush with half of the butter mixture. Roast for 30 more minutes and then brush with remaining butter mixture. Roast for 1 hour longer or until thermometer reads 170º and turkey is no longer pink when you cut into center.
- When turkey is done, place on platter and cover with foil to keep warm Let rest about 15 so that juices can redistribute.
- To make gravy: While turkey is resting, pour pan drippings into measuring cup and skim fat from drippings. Add enough water to drippings to measure 2 cups. Heat drippings to boiling in 1 quart saucepan. Mix cornstarch and cold water; stir into drippings. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Serve gravy with turkey.